04/07/2016

Beautiful Bath

It's been about 8 months since I was last in Bath but it's one of my favourite cities and so I can never pass up the opportunity for a visit, even if it is a quick one. I had a week booked off work and was keen to go away, I opted for a bit of a mini-break. Jill and I decided to jump on a plane to go stay with Holly for a few days. 

We were doing a bit of a holiday on a budget as we all have other things planned later in the year. Our day in Bath was probably our most extravagent day; It was our 'treat day' for Jill's birthday.  

After struggling with the sat-nav, that decided to take us on possibly the most scenic route available, we eventually arrived in Bath and headed straight passed the beautiful architecture to the Spa

I've been here a few times now but it was a first for the girls; think its safe to say they will all be making a return visit! Sadly no phones/cameras allowed so you really will have to go check it out for yourself; especially the rooftop pool. I seriously contemplated dozing off in the pool but didn't really feel like drowning. 

After a very relaxing couple of hours we were pretty peckish so headed out to meet Holly's boyfriend,  Sam, then all headed for some lunch to Bill's. Now if you live in England this won't seem too exciting but you see we only have one in Scotland and sadly it's over in Glasgow (Please come to Edinburgh?!)

As we were celebrating, we just had to order a bottle of prosecco between the 3 of us, Our chauffeur stuck to the coke (thanks Sam!)

Jill and I both went for Burgers, Holly a salad and Sam a steak, everything looked pretty good! But we made sure to save just a little space for some dessert.

How good do they look? mini donuts, strawberries and chocolate sauce...yep they tasted that good too!

We didn't even feel guilty for eating our weight in food but we thought we better walk it off.

 You can't go to Bath and not go see the Royal Crescent and The Circus so off we went.

There are also some very pretty doors....

Bath is and always will be one of my favourite cities, it was so nice to share it with the girls and Sam of course! There is still so much I would love to explore there and I can't wait for my next visit.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig