01/09/2016

NMS After Hours

I wasn't going to write this post cause the few photos I took just do not do the evening justice however I can't not talk about it; it was just too good!

Last Friday I finished at the pool, got ready as fast as I possibly could then headed into Edinburgh to meet the girls for an evening of Fringe entertainment at the Museum. Museum after Hours has sold out for the last few years and Friday was no exception. If I'm being totally honest I didn't know exactly what to expect but thats all part of the fun.

Basically a bunch of acts from the fringe are invited along to the evening and they each perform a mini 15-20min show. Its a great way to experience lots of acts in a short time. It's all inside the beatiful museum building and there is food, drink and facepainting...what more do you need?

First things first...we were hungry so we grabbed a bite to eat: some awesome nachos and pulled pork rolls, I kind of wish I'd had more food; I need to find out where it came from cause I will be heading there for a bite some time soon it was that good!

While the main stages were empty there were dancers and people doing card tricks wandering around and keeping everyone entertained! Such a good idea as it meant zero chance of being bored. This was great for the long wait for the face painting; worth it though!

I think it took about 4 days for me to get rid of all the glitter, even a couple of hours in the pool didn't seem to do the trick.

Anyway after our long wait in the queue (note to self: next year get in there earlier) we thought we better take in some more shows and decided to head upstairs and watch from above. I mean how stunning is this view?

We were running out of time so made a quick dash around the Celts exhibition which I'm hoping to visit again before it ends on the 25th of September.

The highlight of the night for me was definitely the final act 'sunshine on leith'; some great Proclaimers songs to finish off a fabby night in the museum.

If you've not done this before sadly its too late for this year, but I'm already looking forward to next year so why don't you join me?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig