15/03/2015

Mother's Day

With one brother at school and the other one visiting his girlfriend's parents, Mother's day was left to me. I'll give them some credit, one of them sorted out a brilliant card and remembered to phone, the other managed a text. Its better than nothing I guess!

We started the day with some homemade spelt pancakes served up with blueberries, yoghurt, lemon, sugar or syrup. These will probably get their own post one day but we just wanted to get stuck in, get in our breakfast early so we would be hungry enough for lunch.

It was such a lovely crisp cold morning so we laced up our walking boots, grabbed hats and scarfs then headed for a walk along the beach. I don't know what it is about the sound of the sea but I just love it, I find it so relaxing. Towards the end of our walk we stopped at some rocks to admire the view. We noticed this gap that had been carved out and the inner child in me couldn't resist climbing down to explore some more.

 Exploring over we headed for home eager to get out for lunch. We picked up my Gran and took her for a lovely mother's day meal at Malmaison. If you haven't been you really should try it, especially on a Sunday. There are 2 options of menu, either brunch or lunch but both include the salad buffet for a starter and a selection of yummy deserts.

Today I had the soup of the day, cream of tomato, followed by a burger and fries, washed down with a glass of house white. I must say it was one of the best burgers i've had in a while, it was more of a brioche style bun served on one of their branded plates, just delicious. Full to bursting I was handed the dessert menu and of course I couldn't resist their creme brûlée.

I am still unsure of how I managed to eat all the food but hey its not like I do it every day, after all it was a special occasion, mums are the best!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig