25/07/2014

A night at the circus

When Holly first mentioned a trip to the circus I immediately thought of that scene in Dumbo, yes you know the one I'm talking about! It used to creep me out as a kid. Anyway I decided to forget my fears and go last week, and I am so glad I did.

The three of us met and walked down to the beach where the Continental Circus Berlin had taken over a large green field, I really didn't know what to expect as we walked into the large ring. We ordered a popcorn to share and took our seats in the 3rd row. At least we would have a good view of what was to come.

The first half completely changed my mind about the circus, the artists have some incredible skill. They must practise for hours a day! The high wire was amazing, it must be pretty hard to walk across that rope as it is, but to walk across in stilts, blindfolded and even cycle over it, I can't even imagine what that would be like.
Although I think my favourite were the group of 'African warriors' who did some amazing back flips and limbo under fire!




There was clearly too much excitement to get through without a break, during which the girls discovered I had never tried candy floss, apparently thats a crime. They were nice enough to buy some to share, honestly I'm still not convinced, its really strange.

Anyway back to the fun. The second half had some hula hooping some more acrobatics and my favourite act of the night, I don't even know what to call it, some kind of an amazing balancing act! Two guys, with massive muscles doing some unimaginable balancing stunts on each other.


Well I think its safe to say, I had so much more fun than I was expecting. I don't think its something I would do on a regular basis, but it was something different and we enjoyed a drink in the pub on the way home. What more can you ask for?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig