25/09/2014

Family Catch-Up part 1

Last weekend my brother had to be out of school for the weekend so my parents were travelling down to Bristol to visit him, I decided to take a few days off so I could join them. What I really wanted to do was escape to the sunshine, but moving has put a hold on that for this year.

I travelled to Edinburgh to meet my mum and then we hoped on a plane to Bristol where the boys picked us up. We all love our food so priority number one after checking into the hotel was dinner and check this out....

My dinner was the size of my hand! and I must say it was the nicest piece of veal i've had in a long time, everyone else chose well too and thoroughly enjoyed their meal. If you live in England you may have been to one of these restaurants but for me, living up in Aberdeen i'd never even heard of Piccolino before. We were there on a busy Friday night but still managed to get a table without waiting and the food was incredible so I'd definitely recommend it and I shall be returning when I next get the chance.

I woke up the next day feeling awful, I had the worst cold, so struggled to even function let alone take some nice photos of our family day out. We travelled to Cardiff as it was only a 30 minute drive and we'd never been to Wales before, hopefully i'll get to go back one day and actually enjoy my time there but all I wanted to do was get back to the hotel, lie in bed and feel sorry for myself.

By Sunday I was feeling a bit better and was excited by the prospect of a trip to the spa, which even helped me feel a bit better. We spent the morning at Thermae Bath Spa and I'd say the best part was the rooftop pool. It was a perfect day to relax on the roof, a little cold but the sun was out and thats all you really need!







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig