14/04/2016

Something a little lighter

After the Luxury of my last post I thought I'd go for something a little more simple today and share my favourite soup recipe with you.

Roasted sweet potato and butternut squash...Yum!


you need:

2 large onions
1 butternut squash
2 sweet potato
2 veg stock pots

method:

1. half the squash, scoop out seed put in a tray with 2cm of water, brush with olive oil
2. peel and quarter sweet potato, brush with olive oil, put in the tray with the squash then roast in the oven at 200 (fan oven) for 1 hour
3. chop and fry onion until soft
4. add everything to pot, cover with water, cook for 20mins then blend

You can add any seasoning you like, personally I find a dash of pepper is all I need then butter some delicious crusty bread and serve.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig