01/05/2016

My recent lack of motivation

For the past month or so I've seriously been lacking motivation for pretty much everything from work to keeping fit. It's been awful, such a vicious circle as you'll probably know.

I'm not 100% sure what caused it but all I really wanted to do was eat crap and sit on my butt. I managed to get myself into the pool at least once a week but they gym was just out of the question. This only made things worse, the more lethargic I felt the less I wanted to work out or eat well.

I seem to be turning the corner now though; I've been in the pool 3 times this week, done some yoga and actually been productive again during the day. Woohoo!

I guess sometimes you just have to give yourself a break and get back into the swing of things when you're ready.


Why am I telling you this you might wonder...well I have a plan to try to look after myself a bit better and maybe if I share it with you I will last longer! So I took a couple of snaps of my essential gym items to share with you.


The iPod is essential,  I'm too easily distracted so my phone stays in my locker for the duration of my work out, but of course music is key so you can't beat the wee iPod shuffle to store your favourite gym playlist.



The plan going forward is to swim twice a week, hit the gym twice and do the necessary yoga to stretch off.

I'll review my plans in a month or so and see how things are going.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig