09/06/2015

Merci

Rather than try to cram everything from Tuesday in Paris into this post I figured I would just share a highlight. Both Fran and I are huge fans of The Londoner and it was on her blog that we discovered our treat for the day.

I'm getting a little ahead of myself though, we started the morning with a wonder around Place des Vosges and Le Marais which is such a lovely part of the city and not as busy as the centre and full of cute little shops, perfect for a morning stroll and to kill some time before the main event.

By that I mean Merci. This used book cafe is joined onto their shop which is full of loads of wonderful trinkets and treasures.




I don't think I've ever seen match boxes in so many different colours or bed spreads for that matter.




After a good snoop around it was time for the main event, we sat down ordered our coffees and les tartines grillées (crème chocolate maison).



It was delicious! The water flavoured with mint was a great thirst quencher too, but that melted chocolate.... it was like 5 star toast with nutella!



One wall of the cafe is lined with books from floor to ceiling, feel free to read one while you sit and sip on your coffee or buy one and take it home with you.


We were so thrilled with our trip to Merci, it was definitely worth the slight detour from the regular museum trail.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig