06/10/2015

Cape Cod & Martha's Vineyard

It was dark by the time we got to the Cape so not much chance of admiring the beautiful surroundings so priority number one on Sunday morning was a nice long walk. This was mostly for my benefit so I could admire the architecture and decide that I wanted to live in every single house. I took so many photos, but don't worry I won't post them all. I did manage to narrow it down to one street though!

FYI I love gingerbread.





















It's way too hard to pick my favourite so I guess I really will just have to build my own house one day   and draw inspiration from hundreds.

Sunday sadly went by too quickly for my liking as we soon had to drop Kirsten at the airport so she could get back to her wedding planning normality. I really can't believe friends from school are getting married, surely we're still to young for this!

With Sara and Kirsten back to their adult lives, Taylor and I still had a few days of holiday left, one of which we chose to spend on Martha's Vineyard.

It was yet another crazy hot day, bearing in mind I live in Scotland, anything above 20°C is too hot! The short ferry ride from Falmouth to Oak Bluffs was the perfect opportunity to get a nice cool sea breeze and also determine which boat would be the best size for a relaxing day of sunbathing at sea. Not that we will ever own a boat but hey we can dream!



After stepping off the ferry we had a brief wander around and discovered the Gingerbread houses. I am destined to live in this place!

We decided that a bus tour would be the best way to make the most of our short time on the Island. Our tour guide was pretty entertaining and loved sharing his own personal stories particularly ones about President Obama's visits to MV.

We spent 45mins on the bus enjoying the scenery and some fun tales before we were dropped off in Edgartown...Anyone recognise it?

'Amity' ring any bells? yep this is where Jaws was filmed

Anyways time for some food! We stopped in pretty much the first place we came across: Among the flowers cafe. It was really cute, the staff were very friendly and the menu was deliciously simple.



I mean waffles with a Bellini, yes an odd combination but it totally works!

After eating our fill we continued our wander around Edgartown, admiring yet more cute buildings, different in architecture to those on the main land but equally as adorable.

It was time to hop back on the bus and return to Oak Bluffs with one last stop at the beach from the first scene in Jaws; the initial shark attack!

It was then time to get the ferry back to the main land. On our return I noticed that this house just happened to be for sale....one day maybe!









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig